Thakurbarir Fulkopir Paturi – Rabindra Jayanti Special Thakurbarir Heshel
This can be a gem from the Thakurbarir Heshel. Aside from being a author, Rabindranath Tagore was a foodie too. His love for meals resulted within the formation of many progressive recipes in Jorasanko Thakurbarir Heshel. Many Bengali vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes had their inceptions within the Thakurbarir Heshel (kitchen). At the moment, I’m presenting one such recipe which is straightforward, but, scrumptious and is actually a gem of Thakurbarir Heshel. Thakurbarir Fulkopir Paturi is nothing however cauliflower cooked in mustard paste. The dish makes use of dum methodology of cooking the place the cauliflower florets are combined with mustard paste and gradual cooked over a low flame for a very long time. The dish is wealthy and creamy and might act as a aspect dish in addition to a major dish.
Also Read :
Thakurbarir Fulkopir Paturi
- 1 medium sized cauliflower
- 4 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 6 (Three roughly chopped + Three slitted from center) inexperienced chillies
- 1 tsp (half of + half of) turmeric powder
- 1/2 of tsp nigella seeds
- 5 tbsp (3 + 2) mustard oil
- As wanted salt
- Separate the florets from the cauliflower by chopping by way of the bottom. Wash correctly and rub with half of tsp turmeric powder and little salt. Hold apart.
- Combine mustard seeds and three roughly chopped inexperienced chillies collectively and make a nice paste. Hold apart. Please observe that the paste shouldn’t be thick, quite, ought to include some water.
- Warmth Three tbsp oil in a heavy backside pan and mood with nigella seeds. Enable them to splutter.
- Now, add the cauliflower florets and on medium flame stir till the florets are shallow fried and alter color.
- Add mustard paste, slitted inexperienced chillies, half of tsp turmeric powder and salt. Combine effectively.
- Cowl the lid and decrease the flame. Prepare dinner for 20 minutes or till the cauliflower is cooked and the water dries up.
- The cooking needs to be of optimum stage the place the florets mustn’t get overcooked and break into items and the mustard paste mustn’t get burned. Strive to not use water, however, in case your mustard paste is simply too thick, you need to use some water.
- Open the lid and switch off the flame. Add 2 tbsp oil and provides a fast combine.
- Your Thakurbarir Fulkopir Paturi is able to be served now.